On the 6th birthday of Backdrop CMS the version 1.18.0 is released
Backdrop CMS turned 6 years on January 15, 2021 and on the same day the Backdrop community has proudly released version 1.18.0. Congratulations to all users and developers of Backdrop CMS - the open source CMS that helps you build websites for businesses and non-profits in the best traditions of Drupal 7!
Notes for updating
.htaccessfile has been modified to include missing settings for PHP 7. (See #4752)
- No changes have been made to the
settings.phpfiles in this release. Updating customized versions of those files is not necessary.
- It will be necessary to run the update script (located at
/update.php) for this release.
Changes since 1.17.5
- Add setting to menu block for changing breakpoint #4663
- Add a
:linksub-token for user tokens #4584
- Provide option to skip deleting config staging files after a config sync #4447
- [UX] Add Phone field to Contact forms #3047
- Add the option to disable translation links #2910
- Change the
expiresheader (remove Dries birthday from Backdrop) #4827
- [SR] Update the password strength indicator for longer/stronger passwords #4602
- [UX] Change the name of the "Full HTML" text format to "Raw HTML" #4499
- [DX] Consolidate "js-show" and "js-only" classes #4252
- [UX] Indicate vocabulary when editing a term #3811
- Disable user pictures by default. #2090