Backdrop 1.15 has just been released
Following the 4-month release cycle, the Backdrop community has released the version 1.15 of Backdrop CMS.
Major new features in Backdrop 1.15.0 version include:
- Image Library modal in Image fields
- Recent news block in the Dashboard
- Content can be placed in the menu by default
- Menus are click/touch activated (rather than hover activated)
- Translatable HTML5 date form elements: html_datetime, html_date, html_time
- More display options for boolean fields
The following features have been changed since version 1.14.2:
- News Block Followup: Switch URL to a config setting and cache the news updates
entity_create_stub_entity()in favor of
- UI for defining the watchdog severity levels is provided
- Comments on NEW content types are disabled by default
- All default words (stop words) are removed from path alias "Strings to Remove" settings
Notes for updating
- It will be necessary to run the update script (located at /update.php) for this release.
- No changes have been made to the .htaccess, robots.txt or default settings.php files in this release. Updating custom versions of those files is not necessary.
Read https://backdropcms.org/news/backdrop-cms-115-released for the detailed information on this release.
You can download Backdrop 1.15.0 from here.