Drupal 7.79 has been released
Maintenance release of the Drupal 7 series. Includes bug fixes and small API/feature improvements only (no major, non-backwards-compatible new functionality).
No security fixes are included in this release.
This release is the first where D7 core's test suite passes tests in PHP 8.0. However, there may be remaining problems with PHP 8 in core, and it's very likely that there are problems in contrib. Please test, and report any problems in the appropriate issue queue.
No changes have been made to the
robots.txt files in this release, so upgrading custom versions of those files is not necessary.
There are multiple changes in
Major changes since the last release:
- Support for SameSite attribute on cookies
- Avoid field storage write when field content did not change - potentially significant performance improvement which is opt-in for existing sites
- Password reset confirmation form changes
- New PHP Warning emitted in PHP 8 when a database rollback is attempted with no active transaction in MySQL
- UI text change: Images must be smaller than !max pixels - n.b. translation impact
- Removed updateCallback and errorCallback parameters from the progress bar
To see the list of all changes see https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal/releases/7.79