Jun 10, 2022
Drupal core - Moderately critical - Third-party libraries - SA-CORE-2022-011
Project: Drupal core Date: 2022-June-10 Security risk: Moderately critical 13∕25 Vulnerability: Third-party libraries CVE IDs: CVE-2022-31042, CVE-2022-31043
Drupal uses the third-party Guzzle library for handling HTTP requests and responses to external services. Guzzle has released two security advisories:
- Failure to strip the Cookie header on change in host or HTTP downgrade
- Fix failure to strip Authorization header on HTTP downgrade
These do not affect Drupal core, but may affect some contributed projects or custom code on Drupal sites.
We are issuing this security advisory outside our regular Drupal security release window schedule since Guzzle has already published information about the vulnerabilities, and vulnerabilities might exist in contributed modules or custom modules that use Guzzle for outgoing requests. Guzzle has rated these vulnerabilities as high-risk.
Install the latest version:
- If you are using Drupal 9.4, update to Drupal 9.4.0-rc2.
- If you are using Drupal 9.3, update to Drupal 9.3.16.
- If you are using Drupal 9.2, update to Drupal 9.2.21.
All versions of Drupal 9 prior to 9.2.x are end-of-life and do not receive security coverage. Note that Drupal 8 has reached its end of life.
Drupal 7 is not affected.
We value your opinion. Please add your feedback.