Open Social - SQL Injection & Authentication Bypass vulnarabilities - SA-CONTRIB-2021-010 & SA-CONTRIB-2021-011
Open Social - Moderately critical - SQL Injection - SA-CONTRIB-2021-010
Project: Open Social Date: 2021-June-02 Security risk: Moderately critical 11∕25 AC:Complex/A:User/CI:All/II:None/E:Theoretical/TD:Default Vulnerability: SQL Injection
This Open Social distribution provides a turn-key system for building customized social networks.
The module doesn't sufficiently process data in certain circumstances.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "access mentions".
Install the latest version:
- If you use Open Social 9.x, upgrade to 8.x-9.17
- If you use Open Social 10.0.x, upgrade to 10.0.13
- If you use Open Social 10.1.x, upgrade to 10.1.6
Open Social - Critical - Authentication Bypass - SA-CONTRIB-2021-011
Project: Open Social Date: 2021-June-02 Security risk: Critical 15∕25 Vulnerability: Authentication Bypass
Open Social is a Drupal distribution for online communities.
The included social_magic_login module doesn't sufficiently validate magic login URLs for user accounts. The lack of validation makes it possible for an adversary to forge valid login URLs and login to such an account.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact the module social_magic_login needs to be enabled.
Install the latest version of Open Social:
- If you use the Open Social distribution for Drupal 10.0.x, upgrade to Open Social 10.0.13
- If you use the Open Social distribution for Drupal 10.1.x, upgrade to Open social 10.1.6
Alternatively, disable the module social_magic_login.